* How about an easy, healthy meal idea?
Yum = raw, organic zucchini, cubed + tahini (sauce) + 1/2 avocado + chickpeas/garbanzo beans.
If you want to get really crazy, add spinach or mixed organic greens and make it a salad!
* Have you switched over to “pink” salt? You should. Salt your food w/o guilt! But…
What’s better (for you) than Himalayan (pink) salt? –> Deep Hawaiian Sea Salt!!
* Along with getting over your salt restriction, how about evolving your fear of FAT (some fats)?
Your body NEEDS fat to function (particularly your brain, skin and… oh yeah, your fat burning mechanisms!!)
* Summer is time to easy up on your heavy eating styles. Perfect time for an abundance of salads!!
If you simply cannot eat your salad without dressing than add some flaxseed (or olive, or grapeseed, or Barlean’s Essential Woman) oils and your special salt.
In a salad rut?! How about adding some (or ALL!) of the following: sprouted mung beans, sprouted raw nuts (almonds, walnuts, sunflower!, pumpkin…), beets, radishes, kidney beans, pinto beans, chickpeas, carrots, spinach, avocado, cranberries, cubed/diced apple…
* You know that green, lettuce-y garnish on your restaurant dinner plate? That’s KALE! A nutritional powerhouse! Eat up!
* Being bombarded by negative people and plain ol’ bitchyness?
Put a hand over your belly. This functions 2 ways, blocks the ‘bad stuff’ from 2nd and 3rd chakra (intuition) and umbilical area (sacred) and reminds you to belly breathe.
Wear more white! White reflects whereas black absorbs. Do not absorb their sh*t, ‘k?
* Just BREATHE!
Radiant fit chicks, we have such a hard time not shallow breathing don’t we? Inhale deeply. Inhaling is receiving. It’s OK to receive. Some of us are focused on the exhale and exhaling all the crap/toxins/negative/bad air/whatever but some of us (most of us…) are just chronic givers. Give, give, give & never take. That’s not healthy or balanced. Just be aware of it this weekend.
* Having you had your Vitamin D levels checked?
I admit I haven’t. (I tried @ my last blood screen, but my ex-doc wasn’t too ‘up’ on latest health news…she wouldn’t ok it) But after reading that most people (WOMEN especially) have low Vitamin D levels even if they live in tropical, sunny areas AND that lower levels contribute to depression, etc., I’m taking 2000iu of D3 (make sure it’s “3″) daily.
* Last but not least, enjoy this recent article from a Yahoo! subgroup this week & let me know if it resonates with you:
* ~ * ENJOY THE MOON DAY/WEEKEND * ~ *
Tags: fashion, fashion blog, fat loss, fit chick, fitness, fitness blog, healthy eating, healthy lifestyle, interval training, salad ideas, vegan, vegetarian, vitamin D, vitamins and herbs, women over 30, women over 40, women's fitness, women's health, yoga